This award period is likely to be even bigger than ever, and we want to carry you alongside for the ride. We are thrilled to announce the launch of POPSUGAR Now on TVGN. Commencing on Monday, Jan. 13, the day after the Golden Globes, observe our everyday fifty percent-hour amusement news collection completely for TVGN during the award year. Uncover out how to observe in your region!
We will be coming to you from our studios in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, bringing viewers superstar news, style, and life-style material all through the award time. Our incredible POPSUGAR reporters and hosts you previously know and enjoy will be bringing you every little thing you need to know. We’ll be behind the scenes and reporting from the motion at all the biggest occasions of award year and displaying you how to consume, consume, physical exercise, and remain connected like the stars. We can’t wait around for you to be part of us each phase of the way!
Just how many calories are in that mojito and mozzarella stick? Check out the chart below before heading out for your New Year’s Eve celebrations. Let’s start with the drinks first and then move on to the food.
|Drink||Serving Size||Calories||Fat (grams)||Sodium (milligrams)||Carbs (grams)|
|Apple Martini||2.5 ounces||175||Zero||Zero||8.5|
|Budweiser Beer||12 ounces||147||Zero||Zero||10.7|
|Bud Light||12 ounces||110||Zero||Zero||6.6|
|Dark and Stormy||Seven ounces||162||Zero||19||Nine|
|Gin and Tonic||Six ounces||143||Zero||17||12.1|
|Long Island Iced Tea||Five ounces||292||Zero||33||6.6|
|Mai Tai||Five ounces||260||Zero||Zero||17|
|Margarita (on the rocks with salt)||3.3 ounces||153||Zero||583||Seven|
|Mojito||Eight ounces||122||Zero||Zero||Seven||Mudslide||Five ounces||350||8.6||Zero||41.8|
|Piña Colada||4.5 ounces||245||2.7||Eight||32|
|Rum and Coke||12 ounces||369||Zero||65||26|
|Sea Breeze||Five ounces||144||Zero||Nine||11.8|
|Sex on the Beach||Six ounces||190||Zero||Two||18.3|
|Strawberry Daiquiri||10 ounces||230||Zero||Five||56|
|Cape Cod (vodka and cranberry)||5.5 ounces||117||Zero||Zero||17|
|Vodka Tonic||7.5 ounces||175||Zero||Zero||16|
|White Russian||Six ounces||374||16||35||12|
Here’s the nutritional info for the munchies that go along with your beverage.
|Appetizer||Serving Size||Calories||Fat (grams)||Sodium (milligrams)||Carbs (grams)|
|Fried Calamari||One cup||300||13||Zero||17|
|Chicken Wings||Three wings||477||32.1||471||16.2|
|Chicken Quesadilla||1/4 of a whole||535||33.3||869||32|
|Chips and Salsa||14 chips with three tablespoons salsa||97||4.1||222||10.5|
|Flatbread Pizza||1/4 of the pizza||150||Five||350||18.5|
|Steak-Cut French Fries||10 fries||281||15||170||33|
|Hummus and Carrots||Two tablespoons hummus and 10 baby carrots||105||6.1||198||12.2|
|Mozzarella Sticks||Three pieces||330||18||780||21|
|Loaded Nachos||Six to eight chips||569||30.7||1800||55.8|
|Onion Rings||Eight pieces||276||15.5||430||31.3|
|Potato Skins (with bacon and cheddar)||Two pieces||150||Nine||300||11|
|Spinach and Artichoke Dip With Chips||1/4 order||310||19||470||27|
|Sweet Potato Fries||Three ounces (about 15 fries)||120||Three||180||22|
|Cheese Plate||One ounce cheddar and 15 grapes||164||9.4||176||13.7|
Truly feel like the holiday year is out to sabotage your waistline? You happen to be not on your own. A current survey by Health magazine and Jenny Craig discovered that forty seven p.c of women obtain four to five pounds above the holiday season – many thanks in massive component to scrumptious meals choices, elevated stress, and active schedules. Seem acquainted? Read through on for guidelines on how to survive the period.
Too Much to Do
Also a lot to do, way too little time. With so many social obligations this thirty day period, the initial thing that gets knocked off your to-do record is often your exercise. But even if you never consider you have time to suit in a exercise, these techniques will aid you adhere to your targets:
- Stick with it: A handful of simple changes to your training regimen can assist you adhere to it all Wintertime. Change to morning workouts to get it out of the way prior to night obligations, or spend in sweat-wicking functionality equipment so you happen to be often cozy in the course of cold-evening outdoor workouts. Right here are much more suggestions on sticking with your exercise.
- Make it quick: You will not have the time for several hours in the health club, but anyone can match in a few minutes listed here and there. Multitask with whole-entire body moves that whip you into shape in no time right here are 10 total-body exercises that do just that.
It really is hard to say no with continuous temptation below your nose – and if you are frequenting events this thirty day period, it can seem to be like you will find absolutely nothing but tasty holiday meals and consume bordering you. But appear armed with a couple of of these straightforward methods at your next vacation party, and you will not likely need to enjoy wallflower.
- Pick sensibly at the buffet line: Easy approaches can make it simpler to keep from overeating at a celebration. Choose a salad plate more than a evening meal plate, load up on filling proteins rather of carbs. Here are even more strategies on how to try to eat healthful at a supper.
- Sip gradually: If your downfall is the overflowing libations at a getaway party, it’s time to sluggish down. Rehydrate and save calories by water-backing every single alcoholic consume, or get your dialogue away from the punch bowl.
Daily life can be frantic in the course of the getaway year, which can suggest much more tension and significantly less time to cope. If you’re emotion confused, attempt a few basic suggestions for beating anxiety this getaway period:
- Wake up before to make your mornings calmer.
- Suit in a few minutes of workout. Even a couple of minutes of squats or a quick dance to your preferred track while you’re obtaining prepared in the morning can help you blow off steam.
- Try to eat for stress. Vitamin-C-wealthy meals aid you combat tension, as do omega-3 fatty acids. Snack on almonds, steam some salmon for meal, or try to eat these tension-fighting foodstuff when you’re sensation nervous.
Uncover out a lot more guidelines for de-stressing above the holidays.
excess weight reduction
Touring throughout cold and flu period demands a proactive plan. Hold this listing helpful as you hurry by means of the vacations to stay healthful and pleased on the go.
Avoidance is the best policy: You know it really is likely close to, so a minor little bit of protection by no means hurts. Get this idea from naturopathic practitioner Dr. Holly Lucille: water and vitamin C are simple avoidance methods that work. Dr. Lucille endorses that you up your vitamin C consumption to one,000 mg a day and stay hydrated – particularly when traveling – to support ward off germs.
Try to eat for immunity: Probably your ideal-laid prevention strategies didn’t function and you happen to be now nursing a chilly. Set up a excellent battle with foods that enhance your immunity, like total grains, sweet potatoes, and yogurt, to maintain your immune technique in tip-prime form. Discover far more about why these food items (and more) aid your immune method.
Offer with it: You have loaded up on immunity-boosting foodstuff and have a thermos of inexperienced tea at your facet. But dealing with the inconvenience of obtaining a chilly or the flu for the duration of holiday getaway year is just an additional side of obtaining ill. Need to have relief from chilly symptoms although traveling for the vacations? Here are some methods to support:
- Alleviate sinus and ear strain prior to you get off by positioning a heat, moist towel on your forehead and unblocking ears by yawning. Uncover out far more approaches to alleviate cold signs and symptoms whilst you’re traveling.
- Received illness-associated aches and pains? Touring will almost certainly make them even worse, so pay out shut attention to your comfort levels even though you travel. These stretches and workouts will assist you soothe aches and pains during your journey.
- Becoming ill is irritating, but catching the widespread cold is no reason to stop your exercise program. Usually, earlier mentioned the neck signs like runny nose, congestion, and headache imply you happen to be Alright to physical exercise – and working out will support boost your immune technique and get you on the road to recovery faster. Need to modify your schedule? Study about the greatest workouts to do when you’re ill.
excess weight reduction
Cameron Diaz‘s latest flick, The Counselor, opens tomorrow, and together with the all-star solid, count on to see a lot of bare pores and skin from the actress. To find out how Cameron stays in shape to search her best for every position, we talked to her longtime coach Teddy Bass. He permit us to her favored moves, which includes what retains her legs hunting prolonged and toned for bikini season and over and above!
POPSUGAR Health and fitness
With cooler weather in advance, it is time to reset your sleeping habits. Listed here are 3 ways to make this Fall the year of your very best snooze nevertheless.
Adjust the temp: Even if you will not have to count on your AC any far more for easily awesome nights, you nevertheless need to make positive your bedroom is still the ideal temperature for a restful rest. The excellent information is that cooler Drop temperatures are really ideal for a excellent night’s relaxation. Just make sure you swap out your Summer mattress sheets and comforters for hotter alternatives as the evenings get cooler in order to sustain an atmosphere that is between 60 and 68 degrees.
Clear your vents: People heating vents that haven’t been turned on all 12 months could be hiding tons of dust, pollen, and other particulates that can cause a nightly sneeze attack. If you find yourself struggling from sniffles, keep your bed room windows closed to stop allergic reactions from late-Summer time pollen from ruining your snooze, and clear those vents prior to turning on the warmth.
Verify the air: Autumn air is drier than Summer’s, which can be the cause why you wake up with a dry, sore throat or an itchy nose in the Fall. Investing in a humidifier now can help avoid these symptoms as effectively as nosebleeds and respiratory bacterial infections as the colder months start.
excess weight loss
The pumpkin spice lattes are back, the air is crisper, and Labor Day is a distant memory. Next on the Fall checklist? The flu shot. Overall health officers are encouraging everyone to get the vaccine quickly, specifically given that last year’s especially severe flu season confirmed up early.
The Centers for Illness Management and Prevention endorses that every person over the age of six months receives a flu shot, which can minimize your chances of receiving the flu by 70 to ninety percent as properly as defend the virus from spreading to a lot more vulnerable groups like kids or the aged. Even if you don’t like needles, the CDC has a remedy for you: the nasal mist spray, available for everyone aged 2 to forty nine. This year’s offer also involves a edition for grownups who are allergic to eggs. Several people, nevertheless, remain unconvinced that receiving the flu shot is worth it, so explain to us: will you get the flu shot this calendar year, or will you be preventing off Winter’s germs with your personal immune-boosting practices?
POPSUGAR Health and fitness