This recipe can easily be made gluten free as long as your oats and protein powder are also gluten free.
1 cup raw almonds
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dates, pitted (about 6)
7 ounces pumpkin puree
1 serving vanilla-plant-based protein powder (about 35 grams)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
4 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Add the almonds, oats, dates, pumpkin puree, protein powder, and spices to the food processor. Turn on until a choppy dough forms, several minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the raw pumpkin seeds, and pulse until combined so the pumpkin seeds remain a little coarse. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- In a small food processor or NutriBullet, quickly chop the remaining 2 tablespoons of pumpkins seeds with the chocolate chips – this only takes 1 second; you want it chopped, not powdery. Pour mixture into a small bowl.
- Roll dough into 20 balls, roll each in the pumpkin seed and chocolate chip topping, and place on a clean cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to set. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Source: Calorie Count